Sharing sensor data with other vehicles is the second step of vehicle communications and is realized through so-called Day 2 applications. Collective Perception Messages (CPMs) are a good example of a Day 2 application. CPMs are a digital imprint of a vehicle’s environment sent over to nearby connected vehicles with very low latency. CPMs contain information about any object in the vehicle’s surroundings, and enable the more complete and accurate detection of the environment, including cars, trucks, bicycles and pedestrians, regardless of whether they are connected or not.
The Freespace concept defined by Commsignia is also part of CPMs, and serves as a positioning solution for connected automated driving. It enables a fully autonomous lane change even in high-density traffic by showing the occupiable free space in the vehicle’s proximity. It is made possible by combining onboard sensor data with the perception data of Commsignia Day 2 roadside units.
Commsignia introduced CPM services distributed from advanced roadside units as part of the PRoPART project.
Commsignia supplies roadside and onboard units to builders of digital road infrastructure and automotive OEMs, as well as integrated software to enable V2X connectivity, security and applications.
High-performance connected car experience
- DSRC and C-V2X (PC5) communication interfaces
- LTE broadband connectivity
- WLAN, BLE access for smart-devices
- Real-time operating system
- MISRA C, AUTOSAR C++ compliant software
- EU/US/Chinese trial stack solution
- ETSI/C2C-CC/SAE/CCSA/ compliance
Trust and Privacy
- Trusted Hardware Security Module
- Secure key exchange for V2X
- Tamper detection
- Remote logging and monitoring
Seamless Backend Connectivity
- Intelligent power supply
- LTE-broadband connectivity
- Power over Ethernet
- Detailed Software API for hardware controls and V2X protocols
- I/O expander for future applications
- Various enclosure and antenna types
- Internal/Remote logging
- Monitoring and power saving via Commsignia System Controller
- Internal/Remote positioning module
- RSSI Heatmap analyzer
- Packet Analyzer
- V2X sample applications
- Profiling tools
- Application debugger
V2X Software Stack
V2X Software Stack
The Commsignia V2X Software Stack is a flexible embedded solution that is developed based on the specification of the ISO / ETSI / IEEE / SAE / C2C-CC communication architecture, providing a modular framework and small footprint for various resource-constrained target platforms, supporting Linux and RTOS operating systems.
Central Device & Data Manager Platform remotely configures, monitors, and manages a range of V2X devices. Cities and road operators can easily monitor the current state of the devices with the intuitive application. The platform also sends email alerts and notifications.
Our software helps you utilize the data collected by your equipment, visualize geospatial information and easily create and deploy V2X messages when you need to notify traffic participants about road events or weather conditions.
Las Vegas Case Study
San Diego Case Study
Virginia Case Study
West Midlands Case Study
Why choose Commsignia?
- 10+ years of C-ITS & V2X experience
- EU/US standard compatible
- HW agnostic solutions
- Automotive-compliant (MISRA:C) embedded software
- ISO standard quality
- Complete HW/SW solutions
- Customization / flexibility
- Proprietary security stack