We are definitely hiring!
We have ambitious plans, and we are constantly on the lookout for great colleagues to make these happen. Check out Commsignia as a place to work, who knows, this might be the start of something awesome!
shaping the industry
work with cars
fruits & veg
spot our RSUs
team of 100+
Every day we come in to work, we make transportation a little safer.
Who are we looking for?
We are in an intensive growth phase, with all the benefits and challenges of this.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch…
What can we offer you?
VP of Smart City Sales
Commsignia is a leading software and hardware provider in the emerging Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2X) communications market, with a mission to increase traffic safety and efficiency on the road. As a VP of Smart City Sales, you will have the opportunity to participate in the expansion of our global presence and join work with us in developing the organization and processes. In this challenging role, you’ll have the room to grow personally and professionally within the team while enjoying high responsibility and independence.
Leading the Smart City Business Unit globally
- Scaling up and maintaining our presence globally, initially focusing on the United States and North America - Canada and Mexico
- Plan, build up and execute our global business development strategy for the Smart City business unit for the US and EU alongside other regions
- Managing the team: Key Account Managers (KAMs), Pre-Sales Engineers, Field Application Engineers (FAE) in the Business Unit
- Manage and supervise our Channel Partner Program
- Serve as the first point of contact for our customers in North America in the Smart City and the Infrastructure Industry (ITS)
- Manage service delivery with Commsignia FAEs through Key Account Managers and ensure customer satisfaction
- Negotiate contracts with KAMs (content review, customer negotiations)
- Develop and execute the regional and global sales strategy with Commsignia management
- Review and improve Commsignia’s approach and sales process based on prior and collected knowledge and continuously collect market feedback
- Win large scale infrastructure deployment projects leveraging our Smart City product portfolio
- Cooperate with Commsignia team members throughout the organization to successfully cover supply chains spanning multiple countries that involve Commsignia products.
- Support Commsignia Automotive teams in joint activities by informing and supporting them
- Communicate customer feedback regarding products to the CRO, CTO, CPO
Business Development - North America based Deployment projects
- Target infrastructure development companies and carriers with Commsignia Roadside Units (RSUs), retrofitted Onboard Units (OBUs), Central Management Software and services
- Maintain good relationships with standardization groups, cities, road authorities, ITS stakeholders, integrator companies, telecommunication carriers, pilot sites and pilot project members
- Identify new customers and new business models
- Identify appropriate partners and propose business models that could be brought to market align with our Channel Partner Program.
- Follow C-ITS/V2X/C-V2X/5G related government activities, public tenders and managing the Commsignia bidding process
- Participate in Commsignia product development by channelling customer feedback/market intelligence back to development teams
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in similar roles (Business Development VP, Sales Lead, Sales Representative, Business Developer, etc.)
- Previous experience in the ITS industry and/or in the Infrastructure/IT/Telecommunications industry
- College/university degree in Business or Technology
- Fluent in business & technical English
- Solid understanding of business development activities at large corporate customers, involving complex hardware/software or technology projects and IT or Telecommunication infrastructure deployment projects
- Understanding of IT hardware/software development and project management concepts
- Hands-on experience in managing complex bidding processes and writing proposals to provide complex solutions for hardware/software solutions and services
- Excellent leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, excellent stakeholder management skills
- Independent, proactive, natural problem-solver
- Resident in the United States
- Strong team player with the resourcefulness and self-confidence to drive the business
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- An accurate and reliable personality who can build trust with customers
- Excellent self-administration and good task management
- Willingness to travel within the US and abroad
- Experience in specifics of and differences between business and culture in the US, Europe, Middle East, China, Korea
- Knowledge and experience with C-ITS/V2X/C-V2X/5G markets
- Overview of market and trends in the smart city infrastructure industry, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), autonomous cars and the technologies that will be included in every vehicle in the following years
- The opportunity to grow the business development team in the US and globally
- The opportunity to grow professionally in a dynamic working environment
- A long-term career opportunity by helping to build a tech company rapidly growing on global markets (EU, US, Asia)
- Flexible working hours
- Steady work in a cooperative and friendly team
- Competitive package
Please visit the following:
Los Angeles, California, United States